I don't have long to get this composed and posted before the wedding, so this will be quick.
1. I'm thankful to have almost all of my kids here. I love the fact that they enjoy spending time together.
2. I'm thankful (and honored) that the bride-to-be and both her bridesmaids (including my daughter) chose to stay here last night. (The bride's parents' homes were filled with visiting relatives.) I'm happy that my daughter has such good friends. I'm also happy that the girls are easy-going. I realized as I was making beds yesterday, that I don't have many twin-sized bedspreads left, and most of those I do have don't exactly scream out "wedding!"
|The bridesmaids slept in the dinosaur beds.|
4. I'm thankful for beauty found in the garden, even when produce is past its prime.
5. I'm thankful for family-friendly entertainment. We enjoy going to the minor-league ball games, and like seeing some of the players make it successfully into the big leagues.
6. I'm thankful that Drexel gets along so well with everyone. Oldest daughter brought Leela the one-eyed, hairless cat with her, and Drexel couldn't be happier.
7. I'm thankful that oldest daughter and I got a chance to spend a day together at Disneyland, just the two of us (and the thousands of other people who also were there.) We Disneybounded as Winnie the Pooh and Eeyore. Both Pooh and Eeyore were so excited to see us!
8. I mentioned this last week, but I am thankful for both Lizzi's no sugar for 30 days challenge, and Clark's 2-mile run challenge. I've not been great at either this week--my daughter convinced me that the 30 days don't have to be consecutive!--but realize that both make a difference in how I feel. I especially realized this after indulging in 2 desserts at Disneyland. I've returned to sugar-free living, and feel much better now. I'll return to regular runs on Monday, too.
9. I'm thankful for good friends and technology that allows communication over wide distances. I've got future blog posts brewing in my brain, and conversations I've had this week remind me that I really need to put my thoughts out there.
10. I'm thankful for John. I know why married couples refer to their other half. He is such a part of me.
And now, if you'll excuse me, we have a wedding to attend.
Link up your thankfuls! (My mom joined in this week--you can, too!)
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group