O is for Organized, which I strive to be.
Realizing this isn't much of a segue, I'll jump right into this week's Ten Things of Thankful:
1. I'm thankful to observe (again) people helping others. The ward (church congregation) members are great about providing dinners. Whether the occasion is a new baby in the family, an illness, or something else, needs are always met.
I also noticed service outside the church. Yesterday, a man left his car and hurried to help push another man's broken-down vehicle out of traffic.
Seeing the examples of others inspires me to do better at looking for opportunities to help.
2. I'm thankful I've had a chance to help raise Willow. She will return next week to Guide Dogs for the Blind to begin formal training. I'll miss her, but am excited for her.
|Photography by Dave and Lynn Mills|
3. I'm thankful for the chance to puppy sit other puppies occasionally. Ecru was able to stay with us for a few days this week. All the dogs got along very well. The dog bed apparently holds exactly the number of dogs in the house. (Drexel is on the left, Ecru is on the right, and Willow is in the back.)
4. I'm thankful for tumbleweeds, which always make me laugh. They are just so stereotypical of the wild west, and it cracks me up that my gardening chores include tumbleweed removal.
5. I'm thankful for friends whose actions help me out more than they might realize. Thanks, friends!
6. I'm thankful for good neighbors. A house on our street was broken into last weekend. This is not a common occurrence here; the people on our street know each other and are alert to suspicious behavior. In fact, one of the neighbors saw the burglars hop over the fence, and had a call into the police before entry was even attempted. Officers arrived and quickly captured the bad guys.
7. I'm thankful for artichokes. 'Tis the season, and my plant is not disappointing. I love having plenty, and to spare. Artichokes are more of a novelty than zucchini, and I don't feel like I'm imposing on others when I ask if they would like some.
8. I'm thankful for urgent care doctors and nurses, and pharmacies with extended hours. Youngest daughter is (literally) breathing better now.
9. I'm thankful for the chance I had to be such a girl this week. I'm not usually all that interested in shopping for clothes, but not only did I buy some new clothes and shoes this week, I even got my hair cut! I enjoyed my little jaunt to the frivolous side.
10. I'm thankful for John, who supported my little shopping excursion, admired my purchases, and didn't bat an eye when I came home from my guide dog meeting with an extra puppy. What a great guy!
What are you thankful for this week?
A Fly on our (Chicken Coop) Wall, Amycake and the Dude, Considerings, Finding Ninee, Getting Literal, I Want Backsies, The Meaning of Me, Thankful Me, Uncharted, The Wakefield Doctrine
Join the Ten Things of Thankful Facebook Group